By Pietro Cerone
This ebook is the 1st in a set of study monographs which are dedicated to featuring fresh study, improvement and use of Mathematical Inequalities for unique services. the entire papers included within the ebook have peen peer-reviewed and canopy a number of issues that come with either survey fabric of formerly released works in addition to new effects. In his presentation on targeted services approximations and boundaries through crucial illustration, Pietro Cerone utilises the classical Stevensen inequality and limits for the Ceby sev practical to procure bounds for a few classical distinctive services. The technique depends upon identifying bounds on integrals of goods of capabilities. The ideas are used to procure novel and necessary bounds for the Bessel functionality of the 1st type, the Beta functionality, the Zeta functionality and Mathieu sequence.
Read or Download Advances in inequalities for special functions PDF
Best analysis books
This number of 18 examine papers, devoted to Pierre Lelong, describes the state-of-the-art on consultant difficulties of advanced research and geometry. The e-book opens with an exposition of the achievements of Pierre Lelong on plurisubharmonic features, closed confident currents, and their extra research through different mathematicians.
Big apple 1968 1st W. A. Benjamin. quarto. . 131pp. , unique published wraps. No proprietor marks. VG plus.
This historic account begins with the Greek, Hindu, and Arabic assets that constituted the framework for the improvement of infinitesimal tools within the seventeenth century. next chapters talk about the arithmetization of integration equipment, the position of research of specified curves, thoughts of tangent and arc, the composition of motions, extra.
After prior conferences in Enschede (NL, 1994), Basel (CH, 1996) and Banff (CDN, 1998), muTAS 2000 is the fourth foreign symposium with regards to miniaturized recommendations, equipment, units and platforms for (bio)chemical research and synthesis. at the beginning begun as a minor sub-topic within the huge box of Micro process expertise (MST or MEMS), the sector of muTAS is at the moment often regarded as essentially the most vital program parts of MST, that is mirrored within the nonetheless swiftly starting to be study, improvement, and, notably, commercialization actions.
- Analyse, 1. Théorie des ensembles et topologie
- Mathematical Physics, Analysis and Geometry - Volume 12
- Probabilistic Analysis and Related Topics. Volume 1
- Advances in Intelligent Data Analysis XII: 12th International Symposium, IDA 2013, London, UK, October 17-19, 2013. Proceedings
- Appl of Novel Analysis Tech to Cosmic Microwave Bkd Astronomy [thesis]
Additional resources for Advances in inequalities for special functions
52) ψ (s) ψ (s + 2), s > 1. 11. Based on some numerical experiments conducted with a computer program, we conjecture that any Dirichlet series ψ with nonnegative coefficients has the property that the function 1/ψ is concave where it is defined. The following result gives an answer to the conjecture above in the case of the Zeta function. 12. The function 1/ζ is concave on the interval (1, ∞) Proof. 54) ln ζ (s) = (see for example [3, Eq. 2)]) ∞ Λ (n) , s ln n n n=2 (see [3, Eq. 55) ζ (s) ζ (s) − ζ (s) [ζ (s)] 2 ∞ = 2 Λ (n) ln n , ns n=2 (see [3, Eq.
10. 47) ψ (s1 ) ψ (s2 ) . 48) ψ (s) ψ (s) ≥ 2 ψ (s) 2 . 49) 2 ∞ an · ln n ns n=1 . Proof. 47). 49) holds true. 11. 50) ψ (s + 1) ≤ 2ψ (s) ψ (s + 2) , ψ (s) + ψ (s + 2) 48 P. Cerone and S. S. Dragomir for any s > 1. 52) ψ (s) ψ (s + 2), s > 1. 11. Based on some numerical experiments conducted with a computer program, we conjecture that any Dirichlet series ψ with nonnegative coefficients has the property that the function 1/ψ is concave where it is defined. The following result gives an answer to the conjecture above in the case of the Zeta function.
F (x + h) f (x) f (x) 40 P. Cerone and S. S. Dragomir Proof. 8) exp (x2 − x1) f (x2 ) f (x2) f (x1) ≥ ≥ exp (x2 − x1) . 7). 2. 9) exp f (x + 1) f (x) f (x + 1) ≥ ≥ exp , f (x + 1) f (x) f (x) for any x ∈ [a, ∞). Another result is as follows. 3. Let f : I ⊆ R → (0, ∞) be a log-convex function which is differentiable on ˚ I. 10) (1 ≤) β [f (x1)] [f (x2)] f (x2) f (x1 ) ≤ exp αβ (x2 − x1) − f (αx1 + βx2) f (x2) f (x1 ) . Proof. 12) f (x2 ) f (x2 ) f (x2) = −α (x2 − x1) . 10). 4. 13) (1 ≤) β [f (x)] [f (x + h)] f (x + h) f (x) ≤ exp αβh − f (x + βh) f (x + h) f (x) for any α, β > 0 with α + β = 1.
Advances in inequalities for special functions by Pietro Cerone