By Tomaz Jarm, Peter Kramar
This quantity offers the court cases of the first international Congress on Electroporation and Pulsed electrical Fields in Biology, drugs and nutrients & Environmental applied sciences (WC2015). The congress happened in Portorož, Slovenia, in the course of the week of September sixth to tenth, 2015. The clinical a part of the Congress lined diversified facets of electroporation and similar applied sciences and integrated the next major subject matters:
· program of pulsed electrical fields expertise in meals: demanding situations and opportunities
· electric impedance dimension for review of electroporation yield
· Electrochemistry and electroporation
· Electroporation meets electrostimulation
· Electrotechnologies for foodstuff and biomass treatment
· nutrients and biotechnology applications
· In vitro electroporation - uncomplicated mechanisms
· Interfacial behaviour of lipid-assemblies, membranes and cells in electrical fields
· Irreversible electroporation in medical use
· scientific purposes: electrochemotherapy
· scientific functions: gene therapy
· Non-electric field-based actual tools inducing phone poration and more advantageous molecule transfer
· Non-thermal plasmas for nutrition security, environmental functions and clinical treatments
· PEF for the nutrition undefined: basics and applications
· PEF proce
ss integration - complicated procedure chains and approach mixtures within the foodstuff industry
· Predictable animal models
Pulsed electrical fields and electroporation applied sciences in bioeconomy
· Veterinary clinical applications
Read or Download 1st World Congress on Electroporation and Pulsed Electric Fields in Biology, Medicine and Food & Environmental Technologies: Portorož, Slovenia, September 6 –10, 2015 PDF
Similar world books
Glaucia Peres da Silva analysiert „World tune“ im Spannungsfeld zwischen Kultur und Markt. Anhand einer kultursoziologisch ansetzenden Marktsoziologie macht die Autorin deutlich, dass die Konstruktion eines Musikgenres eine konstitutive Bedingung für die Entstehung und Stabilisierung eines Musikmarktes ist.
This is often the compelling tale of the 2 greatest occasions within the evolution of principles: the revolutions of Galileo and Darwin. Mark Brake captures the journey and pleasure of those scientists during this is a well timed exam of the ways that religion and technological know-how conflict, and the way the conflict for 'truth' is a perennial one.
- Learning to Live in the Knowledge Society: IFIP 20th World Computer Congress, IFIP TC 3 ED-L2L Conference September 7–10, 2008, Milano, Italy
- Vietnam joins the world
- The Naxalite Movement in India
- The Making of the Middle Ages
Extra resources for 1st World Congress on Electroporation and Pulsed Electric Fields in Biology, Medicine and Food & Environmental Technologies: Portorož, Slovenia, September 6 –10, 2015
Three mechanisms responsible for lipid loss were directly observed and will be presented: pore formation, vesicle formation and tubule formation, which may be involved in molecules uptake (31). We also gave evidence that GUVs are a good model to study the mechanisms of electrofusion, with a direct interest to their use as vehicles to deliver molecules (32). However, a direct transfer of DNA into the GUVs took place during application of the electric pulses (33). That gives clear evidence that “lipid bubble” is not a cell and a tissue is not a simple assembly of single cells.
FROM NANOSECOND TO PICOSECOND PULSES When the pulse duration is reduced from nanoseconds to picoseconds, the dielectric properties, rather than the resistive characteristics of the media determine the electric field distribution.
The relatively large size of plasmid DNA (2-10 MDa) makes it unlikely that the nuclear entry occurs by passive diffusion. We recently showed how electrotransferred DNA is transported in the cytoplasm towards the nucleus (Figure 2) (27). For this purpose, we used single particle tracking (SPT) experiments of individual DNA aggregates in living cells (28-30). We showed that fast active transport of the DNA aggregates over long distances occurs. Tracking experiments in CHO cells treated with different drugs affecting both the actin and the tubulin networks clearly demonstrate that this transport is related to the cellular microtubule network.
1st World Congress on Electroporation and Pulsed Electric Fields in Biology, Medicine and Food & Environmental Technologies: Portorož, Slovenia, September 6 –10, 2015 by Tomaz Jarm, Peter Kramar